OFF TOPIC: convertible tops

Bob Tom tigers at bserv.com
Wed Apr 7 20:31:58 GMT 1999

On April 6, Steve Ravet & Shannen Durphey wrote:

>any custom type people here who have added convertible tops
>or hard tops to cars that didn't originally have them

>I won't ask to keep this on list, but I'm interested as well.
>If anyone has any info/experiences here, please let me know

About 5-10 years ago, my son worked on fixing a rusting 1969
Pontiac 2+2 convertible.  The car was such bad shape that he
did a frame off 'restoration' combining the front post forward
of the 2+2 with the front post backward of a '69 Pontiac Catalina
hardtop.  This involved cutting the roof off the Catalina, welding
in some extra structural support, etc.

If this is similar to something you had in mind, e-mail privately
and I'll pass your enquiries to him (he now has his own home) and
e-mail his answers to you.

Bob Tom
Burlington, Ont.
tigers at bserv.com