Torque measurement

Ord Millar ord at aei.ca
Fri Apr 9 02:48:37 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hermann <bearbvd at sni.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, April 08, 1999 10:30 PM
Subject: RE: Torque measurement

<SNIP>

>Well--you would be measuring the torque output of the TRANSMISSION, not the
>engine--so you would need to calibrate the thing a fair amount higher for
>the low gears. Look at the engine-tranny package as a black box to
>visualize why this is so. And calibrating with a bar stuck through the
>output yoke, with the tranny in gear, might be a lot easier approach.
>
>Greg

Hmmmm(n).  I uderstand what you are saying, but if the transmission is in
neutral, and I open the throttle, the engine rotates oposite to the crank
direction.  There is no output from the transmission... Is this just the
energy that is being stored in the flywheel causing this oposite reaction,
or am I more lost than I think?

Ord