EEC-IV Modifying

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 11 18:38:10 GMT 1999

At 11:44 AM 4/11/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I would be using a Mass-Air Flow Meter (senses air flow into engine) and EEC.
>It seems to be the best choice using Ford stuff.  The T/C cars used a Vane Air
>Flow meter (senses air-flow), which would probably be too restrictive for my
>application as it only flows ~380 CFM.  Also the EEC is for a 2.3L 4 cyl
(using
>Low impedance injectors).  The S/C EEC's use a MAF meter also, but they are
>3.8L
>6 cyl.  Ford did/does use a Speed Density (senses Manifold Pressure) EEC for
>v8's, but it doesn't respond well to camshaft changes or any MAP value higher
>the Atmospheric (ie Boost).

Paul,
Your best bet to place this question would probably be to ther EEC mailing
list... They have disassembled the EEC's and know them inside and out, are
writing their own "chips", have a cheap device to go on the J3 connector
and "suck" the rom out of the EEC for modification etc...
They can be subscribed to at: eec-subscribe at eelink.net

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they
didn't?!