EEC-IV Modifying for low impedance injectors

FHPSTANG1 at aol.com FHPSTANG1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 07:04:14 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/11/99 4:51:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, psd105 at psu.edu
writes:

<< Yup, it did.  Though I really should stop looking at this EEC Schematic I
 found...cause it has Battery Voltage,12v, going through a 390 ohm resistor in
 series  and a .01uF cap in parallel, then into a 5 pin IC, out of the IC to a
 3.6v? 5W diode in parallel, and a 1000pF cap in parallel, then to the
injector
 then to ground. >>

Oh that helped ME!!!!! I have been trying to find a way to get the values of
the Diodes and Caps, since these are CHIP Style and soldered directly to the
board. I Have a nice multi-tester... but it won't give me the values of these
components.

And another thing, I made my own schematic (Reversed Engineered) of a 2.3L
EEC driver circuit, and it MAKES NO DAMN SENSE. I understand circuits well
enough, But this thing is WAY OUT THERE! It looks like the voltage can get to
the injector, whether or not the Transistor (As I call a driver) is on or
off! So what's up? It seems to be in parallel, which makes no sense, series
would... but not parallel. I thought I had just goofed.. But it seems that
this is how it is!

John Miller