Motronic error states / limp home mode

Joseph Vella joevella at user.rose.com
Mon Apr 12 13:48:03 GMT 1999

does anyone know a simple way to prevent the ecu from going into limp home
without re-programming the eproms, maybe from the diagnostic port ?

it is a '93 Audi S4 motronic, and I believe I'm getting the Manifold pressure sensor
failure mode ( due to it not agreeing with the air mass sensor, due to running
23 PSI of boost ) making it enter limp home after about 10 seconds on boost.

How long does the ECU take to recover from a power interruption (reset)
thought two was that I would reset the ECU at 5 second intervals when the boost
exceeded 15 PSI ( say .02 sec pulse of the supply voltage ) ?

Thought 3 - which registers are responsible, I can cut a new EPROM if I have to,
but I'd rather not if it isn't necessary.

If someone has mapped one of these to 23PSI I wouldn't mind having the code ?

Thanks!

Joseph Vella
joevella!!!@user.rose.com
( remove !!! to reply, if present )

A Software Company International Inc.
RR1 Palgrave On. Canada L0N 1P0

Large Database Developers In
Delphi / DB2 / Java / WEB based Data Delivery
16 and 32 bit development  for Windows and OS/2

905-936-9100    Fax 905-936-9099
our home page:  http://www.rose.com/~joevella

1959 Bellanca Cruisemaster  - My Sweetie.
1995 Summit 470     1993 Audi S4Q
1890 Karn Tracker ( Pipe Organ)