sequential gearboxes

FHPREMACH at aol.com FHPREMACH at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 22:50:12 GMT 1999

<< >
 > > How does a sequential gearbox change work and could it
 > > be possible to convert a gated box ie H pattern to a
 > > sequential change.
 > >
 > >               Thanks Roy >>

Hi, I have been looking into this. The only restrictionis the need for a CNC
mill with an active 4th Axis and the software to program it. That and size.
Yes, it would be similar to a motorbike. I am intersted in programming it and
building one for a Lotus 7 type special. I will be probably be using the 1965
Cortina GT motor and trans with an EFI system. Nicely, it has the shift
mechanism forward enough to get rid of the problems of mounting the drum over
the top of the box like a Mustang or similar application. Luckily, I am a rep
for a CAD/CAM software, so I am going to do it and use it to demo some
features. I will keep the list posted as it comes together.
Fred Harmon