302 vs 460

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Tue Apr 13 03:22:51 GMT 1999

Pat Ford wrote:

> > What type vehicle are you using?  With less than the weight of a fat lady
> > separating the two and much of that compensatible by moving the battery to the
> > trunk, aluminum intake and headers - contrary to popular opinion it aint gonna
> > matter much.
>
> probly a cobra kit car,

I have a 2400 lb shell valley with a heavy kevlar body and hard top, 406 SBC,
Brodix, T350, 9" 2.75 auburn, efi, Vette brakes, yadayadayada. 11 flat at 130 on street
radials. There's a stock 428 in town and another 427 with good heads, both
carburated 4 speeds. The 428 doesn't have a chance. The 427 can catch me in the
quarter if he uses a lot of clutch and tire off the line. If he hit's it too hard,
he can't catch me till 140+, he has already used up one Jag rear end.

>From a rolling start, it's even until I hit second (70mph) then he starts pulling
away. at 130 he has about 4 cars and I go third and it's over.

My point is that if you don't have a real 500HP motor, leave it in the garage.

Small blocks make good parade cars...  Sharpe