Another Question about the Northstar

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 14 01:43:44 GMT 1999

Slight correction, on dyno with relay in the ABS light goes on at 53
mph and engine and brakes work fine.  If you do pull relay
the engine and brakes also work ok.  If the car has antislip you
can not get it to run over 5 mph. on a dyno.  Here you are simulating
doing a burn out on ice.  The car sounds very strange in drive train
and engine almost stalls.  I did not realize the cyls.were cutting
out. I thought it was in differential and transmission.  To get it
to run pull the relay which is simular to ABS.  I usally pull
both since I have limited time on dyno to figure which one it is.
The only American car I ran was a Ford sedan.  The owners
manual said, if you want to disable antislip there is a switch
located in the left side of glovebox.  I tried this, but it seemed
to only turn off with engine running and you had to press it
on every start.  I found this out during a cold start test.
So I just yanked the relay out thru it across the room. came
back in 8 hrs and car ran fine.
Alex