seek knowledge

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Fri Apr 16 16:43:05 GMT 1999

For GMs:  C3 type ECMs (80's, early 90's) had some code in a prom on the
board, and had some more code plus all the data in a socketed PROM.  P4
ECMs have all code and data in a socketed thing that includes an EPROM
plus passive components that determine limp home mode, knock sensor
parameters, etc.

This is in general, there is at least one P4 that uses a plain socketed
EPROM without all the other components.

You have to be careful with the terms calpak, mempak, memcal because
they refer to specific parts on different ECMs.

As far as EFI software, Al Lipper has one written for the 8051.  There
is another one written in C for the efi332 project, search around on
diy_efi for Al Lippers and on efi332 for the other one.  These are
written from scratch, not OEM programs.

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com