GM '86 2.8 Fuel Injected prom re-programming/replacing

Todd Israels israels at MNSi.Net
Sun Apr 18 22:18:04 GMT 1999

At 09:18 AM 4/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
>James P Hunt wrote:
>> As I stated in a previous post, I have an '85 Fiero, that I am planning
>> to turbocharge, but I failed to mention that the ECM, wiring, etc. is
>> from an '86 Fiero.
>>
>> I realized this after the last time I took my interior apart and noticed
>> a late-model style ECM.
>
>The 1226869 (85) and 1227170 (86-88) ECMs both have the same harness
>connections.  Chips are not interchangeable between the two though.
>
>> So now my question is as follows, does anyone know where I can find a
>> prom file, or info on programming a replacement prom for the ECM,
>> preferably to use in conjunction with a 2-bar MAP sensor.
>
>You may be able to buy a chip all ready to go.  Contact Kevin Leslie at
>Design One systems who sells the Miller/Woods turbo kit for the Fiero
>V6.  I don't know if Kevin will sell just a chip.  The full bolt-on kit
>(turbo, plumbing, chip, 2-bar MAP) sells for around $3K.  Sorry, I don't
>have an address or phone number.
>
>--
>Ludis Langens                               ludis (at) cruzers (dot) com
>Mac, Fiero, & engine controller goodies:  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/

	There was a GM turbo on the 60deg V6 in either the Grand Am or Grand Prix.
 There may be a factory chip available as well as manifolds, intake and
turbo, unfortunetly they are rare models.
					Todd Israels