[OT]: Sound Nullification

Clarence Wood clarencewood at centuryinter.net
Sun Apr 18 22:18:33 GMT 1999

  I read an article, some years ago, about removing noise.  The process was to have a microphone pick up the sound, the circuit would change the wave form to 180 deg. of original and then send this out of a speaker.  The 180 out sound would null the original sound.  The only weakness to the unit was that it had to be placed close to the origin of the noise.
  I would like to build this circuit but don't have the audio/electronic knowledge to design the circuit.  I have a compressor that really needs to be silenced!
  If anyone has any information, or ideas, on how to design the circuit please contact me off list.

IZCC #3426
 1982 280ZX Turbo GL
 1966 El Camino
 1982 Yamaha Maxim XJ-1101J Motorcycle