O2 sensor idea

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Mon Apr 19 16:53:38 GMT 1999

Roger,

The GM PCM only looks at crossings of 14.7 AFM, that is why
they are only calibrated at that point. As soon as you go to
Wide open throttle the PCM ignores the O2 sensor. If the O2
sensor was linear from 14.7 to 12.0 AFR, You could rewrite
the software, so it would stay in closed loop, but it would
be a major rewrite.

		Ken