O2 sensor idea

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Apr 19 17:27:35 GMT 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Ken Kelly wrote:

> Roger,
>
> The GM PCM only looks at crossings of 14.7 AFM, that is why
> they are only calibrated at that point. As soon as you go to
> Wide open throttle the PCM ignores the O2 sensor. If the O2
> sensor was linear from 14.7 to 12.0 AFR, You could rewrite
> the software, so it would stay in closed loop, but it would
> be a major rewrite.
>
> 		Ken

I know it works that way.  I just want an accurate O2 sensor so when I
am burning new chips I actaully know the O2 sensor is reliable.  The
diacom output should have accurate O2 readings, and then tuning would
be easier.  I have to be careful right now becuase I really don't know
what voltage is exactly 12.5:1, I am just guessing.  Right now I have
taken out alot of fuel, and the O2's are still in the "safe" region,
but I am starting to get close to where I need a better O2 sensors.

I don't know how hard reprogramming it would be.   My guess would be
hard enough not to want to try it, but I would like them for tuning so
I can actually trust the O2 readings in diacom to be meaningful.

				Roger