Frederic's radiator cooled intercooler.

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Tue Apr 20 22:54:21 GMT 1999

>	That goes double for me.  I feel the engine coolant will be much safer
>too.  I heard my pop mention one time that Mustard Gas would be sent out
>the tailpipe of a car if someone uses R12 in conjunction with an
>intercooler and the R12 leaked into the combustion chamber.  Pretty scarry,
>if you ask me.  Your turbo throws some metal, your intercooler cracks and
>bam!  No one will be seen in your rearview.
>
>Paul Tholey

Well--it's Phosgene that results--is that mustard gas?? Hot cast iron is a
GOOD catalyst for making it from freon.

OR--to make it a plan for when the red flashers come on behind you--build
some sort of dash operated coil cutter into the manifold (only foolin', of
course!)

But your pop was absolutely correct--had not thought of it, but NH3
refrigerant would be WAY safer for this application!

Greg