Frederic's radiator cooled intercooler.

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Wed Apr 21 02:00:54 GMT 1999

AL8001 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 99-04-20 14:39:06 EDT, frederic at xephic.dynip.com
> writes:
>
> > The next step is to figure out how to remove the 120V pump, and use
> >either an externally mounted belt driven pump, or preferably, the
> water pump.
> >The 120V pump is acceptable for testing 'cuz the engine's not in the
> truck at
> >the moment, its on a stand.
>
> EZ, Mercedes uses a 12 V booster pump for the heater.  It's used when
> the
> engine speed is low.   Another solution is a 2.6  4 cyl
> Mitsubishi/Chrysler
> front wheel drive, Ford Tempo/Taurus FWD 2.3/2.5 4 cyl or a GM 2.5 4
> cyl FWD
> water pump.
>
> These pumps are belt driven "self contained" with hose barbs and/or
> flange
> mounts.
>
> Harold

   Folks, I took apart one of the mercedes pumps (off a 300sd), and
they're pretty much the same as the 12v 40gph rv pump I bought for my
project.  Last I bought one of those mercedes pumps, it was about $150
for a used one. The rv pump was about $70.   If you want more volume (is
approx 1 gallon/minute not enough?), buy and plumb one of those summit
electric water pumps, they're like $150-200.  They flow 20-30
gallons/minute!

Daniel