Frederic's radiator cooled intercooler.

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Apr 21 17:13:58 GMT 1999

> With this radiator cooled intercooler, how much higher
> does the water temp in the engine run?

The water temp leaving the radiator was about 10 degrees hotter. Not
sure if we did something wrong or mismeasured it, however that's
negligable.

> pump.  Why not use the A/C idea, but just stick it in
> the water resivoir?

We did this and it worked awesome, and which is how we got a Buick V6
to run as much boost as we did.  However, we didn't use automotive AC,
we used a large meat freezer that we re-fangled into the mix.  An
automotive A/C I doubt would achieve the same level of cooling as this
meat freezer.  The compressor was the size of a small toyota engine.
True, its 60 years old :)

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)