Alternative engines

ScottyCBoy at aol.com ScottyCBoy at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 18:52:17 GMT 1999

In addition to alternative fuels what about laternative power sources. I
notices that an allison T63 turbine engine weighs about 150 lbs is about the
size of a 50 lb fire extinguisher and puts out a whopping 317 HP!! A GE T-700
which is a little shorter than a ford 5.0 engine cranks out 1,645 shaft
horsepower!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These engines will run on just about any liquid that
burns, such as diesel, unleaded, kerosene, and even used frying oil!. Has
anyone comntemplated the pro's and cons from such a conversion? I know these
engines can be found somewhat inexpensively from Government auctions..

Scott