Frederic's radiator cooled intercooler.

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Thu Apr 22 19:41:34 GMT 1999

Everyone should visit Rheinbeck Aerodrome once in there
lives. Real airshows put on with pre WW-I airplanes. I saw
them fly a 1908 plane with a Radial engine. The crankshaft
bolted to the plane. The propellor was attached to the
engine crankcase. The whole engine spun around for cooling!!
Each cylinder had an exhaust pipe about 10" long with no
mufflers. Wildest thing I ever saw or heard.

		Ken