DIS, and 68HC12

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Tue Apr 27 21:43:17 GMT 1999

If you use a  older Ford distributor, replace the module with a late model 6
pin module. The 6 pin module has a PIP (profile ignition pick up) output
that can be used for injector and ignition reference pulses. The SPOUT input
to the module controls the engine timing. If you place a metal flag at
around 60 degrees advanced on the harmonic balancer that interrupts an
optocoupler, you can use this pulse and the PIP pulse to control and monitor
ignition advance. Base timing by the ECU is usually 26.5 degrees at idle
(4cly)
45 degrees is possible at light load, use the MAP output as a load monitor.
I have been working on a stand alone circuit(non micro)to control IAC,timing
and injectors to run an engine on a test stand. I will post any new data as
I find it.

Don