Fuel injection plugs

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Fri Apr 30 18:24:26 GMT 1999

At 09:20 AM 5/2/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Pat:
>    It has been said that the greatest efficiency is achieved
<SNIP>
>which we cruise most cars.  Variable displacement would be another,
>but so far has not been introduced.  Another is turbocharging a small
>engine on the theory that it will develop greater efficiency at lower
>power settings, and the boost will help it develop enough power when
>needed.  This has several downsides.... Compression must be lowered,
>or high octane fuel must be used or timing must be retarded, or all
>three to prevent detonation...

	Yes, BUT...what about that old water injection thread we had going a while
ago?  Wouldn't efective intercooling and/or water injection let a
"standard" (normal compression, timing, etc) engine live under boost?
	Specifically, I'm thinking of a Ford Festiva (Mazda 121) or Geo Metro
(Suzuki Swift) or .. dare I say ... Subaru Justy ECVT ... with a  small
turbo/intercooler combo.  Nice economy most of the time, but with a bit of
power to get you around trucks and up hills, etc.  Am I fooling myself?
	Nice thing about the Festiva is that rumor has it you can slam-dunk an
Escort GT, Mazda Miata or similar Mazda engine in it, which would be a nice
backup plan if the forced-inductionj baby didn't perform to your (my)
expectations.
	OK, guys, where am, I going wrong on this one?
	Aaron Willis
	ICQ #27386985
	AOL IM: hemiyota
	http://surf.to/garage-te51 Garage TE51 International