Electronic transmission controller?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Aug 6 10:34:43 GMT 1999

> Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:03:52 -0700 (MST)
> From: d houlton x0710 <tc75918 at hpra5.msc.az.boeing.com>
> Subject: Electronic transmission controller?
>
> Anybody ever worked on a controller for the GM electronic trannies?
> Specifically the 4L60-E?  What about a commercial one?  Is there one
> available that's stand-alone and adjustable?
>
> Were the OEM controllers stand-alone or part of the EFI computer?

I don't know about the 4L60E, but the diesels with mechanical
injection and 4L80E had a trans controller.
There's a company that reprograms them to use with NA diesels, I can't
remember their name.  Any car or gas engine truck with the 4L60E
should have EFI, and trans control is in the same computer as EFI.
Shannen