Green

MASON HAYES mahayes at bc.cc.ca.us
Thu Aug 19 18:58:34 GMT 1999

DIY_EFI enthusiast:

My name is Mason (POR). Im new @ the fuel injection game. Ive been given much inspiration by my car> I own a 1980 datsun/NISSAN 280ZX. Its equipped with BOSCH  L-JETRONIC fuel injection. I have knowledge of electronics, chemistry physics and  automotive. I have some laboring questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1)SCHEMATICS!! SCHEMATICS! and design parameters for L-jet ECM. Im to pooor to be buying ECM's and tearing them apart. I am fully capable of servicing and modifing and hope to purchase an ECM (salvage yard) so I can scrap the old one. However any insight into this that you may have will be much appreciated.

2)Rebuilding: I plan on rebuilding my engine in the future and as always I wish to bore it over. How much can you bore before the fuel injection ECM has to be modified (adjusted) and what adjustments are to be made ie. reprogram, recalibrate, replace sensors, modify air flow meter etc..etc... Also what are the considerations for different cams.

3) Another web sight mentioned multi-throttle intake. Any additional information on this would be real helpful. Who what when where how why.

4)Modifying another previously  aspirated (normally) engine to EFI

5)EQUATIONS! EQUATIONS! and criteria for fuel injection systems. Algebra or calculus based is fine

6)FORCED AIR INDUCTION. Not turbo not supercharged not blowers , but simple forced air induction. does anyone have a clue. I have some ideas for a ducting system that uses a vacuum controled baffle at the mouth to prevent raised idle. but I have not seen under the hood of any car that uses FAI so any information would be helpful. Do I have to modify air flow meter (stiffer spring)?

7)LAMBDA??

P.S. The server I'm using is not mine I do not have control and my E-mail gets dumped when I log off. Please do not be anoyed if I ask a question that has been answered as I may not have seen it or the answer was dumped.

I thank you all for time an expertise

                                                                                   Mason Hayes
                                                                                   661-831-3845
                                                                                    MAHAYES at BC.CC.CA.US