80515 / 80535 Dissassembler Wanted

Donald Whisnant dewhisna at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 19 20:12:45 GMT 1999

>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:59:03 +0100
>From: "Alan Smith" <alansmith at btinternet.com>
>Subject: 80515 / 80535 Dissassembler Wanted
>
>I have had a look at the excellent 6811 disassembler software. What I =
>would really like is a good disassembler for the 8039 / 8051 / 80515 / =
>80535 processors. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good =
>disassembler for these ?
>
>Alan Smith

Alan...

On the future versions of my M6811DIS disassembler, I am migrating
to what I call a GDC (Generic Disassembly Class).  The idea is a
C++ object that wrappers the common parts of the disassembly operation
so that disassemblers for additional processors can be written with
relative ease...  All that has to be written is the opcode list for
the processor and a few functions to format the operands for the target
assembler and presto, you have a disassembler for a different processor...

I am planning to do one for the 8031/8051 architecture at some point
in the not so distant future...  I haven't looked at the differences
in the 80515/80535 over the original 8051, but imagine it shouldn't
be too difficult to add either...

In the meantime, it seems like I have a disassembler somewhere for
the 8051 -- if you want, email me privately and I'll dig through
my archives and see if I can dig it up...  However, I'm quite sure that
it is NOT a code-seeking disassembler and I don't know how well it will
work on 80515/80535 stuff (depends on the differences)...

Donald Whisnant
dewhisna at ix.netcom.com