lean & rich

John Dammeyer johnd at autoartisans.com
Tue Aug 24 23:19:36 GMT 1999

Your are right but actually,  I look at it the other way around.  When
an engine is running lean I think of it as not enough fuel for the
amount of air that the engine is getting and when running rich it's
getting too much fuel for the amount of air that it's getting.  I see it
easier this way because unless I control the throttle plate too, the
only phyisical control I have over the engine is the amount of fuel I
deliver through the injectors.  If it runs rich I am providing  too much
fuel,  not too little air.

Regards,

John