Idiot qestions for lazy newby

Jon V. jon at valesh.com
Thu Aug 26 21:28:05 GMT 1999

Niel wrote:

>"Jon" Wrote:
>> Anyway, they are British, and I don't need to tell any of you what that
>> means.
>
> I'm British, please explain what it means.

Catching hell already.

British technology means... A clever idea, Lucased.

Now, don't get me wrong, if I hated all things UKish, I wouldn't burned
the car within 500 miles of buying it... I think it is a bloody fine
tribute to my phenomenal patience that the car doesn't have "Bring back
the V2" stickers all over it at this point.

I am joking! Jeeze, tough crowd...

Hell, I just celebrated a unique event in my ownership of the car... 500
miles of driving and only stranded once! It was special enough that I
emailed several friends... I mean, it was BIG! An absolute first. What
makes it doubly special is that the failure was actually *cheap to fix*...
all it was was the muffler coming unglued, and $10 later the damn thing
was welded together almost perfectly except that one of the resonator
chambers had ground a hole in itself from when it hit the pavement at
70MPH (hence the leaky exhaust). This weekend I'll pull the damaged
section and get'er fixed up proper... but I'm missing my own point here.

500 miles, and only stranded once! That is damned special. The first 2500
miles I drove that car (I bought it used) I must have had 20 major
failures (y'know, brakes feel fine, until you reach the stoplight and then
phssss down to the floor they go... stuff like that) in 20 major
systems... I didn't think cars like this HAD 20 major systems. I've owned
the car for a year and a half now, and I've driven it less than 4500
miles. Compare that to my '97 S10 that just passed 74K miles.

So if yer gonna bust my balls, do it for the fact that my description
of how those damned carbs work was totally wrong. Well, it was part right,
except that it isn't, and the fuel regulates on the vacuum which is passed
to the diaphragm through an inside butterfly, which isn't much different
than what I said except that I was totally wrong. I had to figure all of
this out myself after I posted it just so I wouldn't feel good about
myself last night.

Hey! WAKE UP! Yeah, you... damn, but it is hard to keep people paying
attention all the way to the end of these emails.

Anyway, I've had a couple of very interesting responses, and I've
insulted an entire country, but I still don't have a clue...

...about what something like this typically costs.

Am I looking at 225 UKP, 1600.00 HKD, 5.000 DM, or what?

TIA,
	Jon