Data Acquisition

Andris askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Wed Dec 1 22:08:43 GMT 1999

Folks,
 I'm looking to get a few more gadgets to help me design a better intake,
and set up the fuel/timing maps on the Camaro. I would like to make a data
acquisition system that can simultaneously record 5 channels at 10 Hz. I
figure one K-Type thermocouple before each turbo, one in the intake
manifold, one before the throttlebody and one just after a turbo (and
before the intercooler). I'd like to know exhaust temps after the turbo
for my own knowledge, and would just swap thermocouple inputs for that
one...

For pressure, I would like to have an exhaust before/after turbo pressure
transducer and a before/after transducer to measure pressure drop in the
intake system. I'd monitor this at some other point than the temps,
hopefully saving some $$$ by buying a less channel DAQ.

I've looked at Omega, and I frankly can afford anything there. Are there
any cards in the sub $250 range that could accomplish this (w/o the
thermocouples or sensors)? If not, what would be the most appropriate card
out there? I'd probably just stick the old desktop and an
inverter strapped down on the seat, and have the card in a PCI/ISA
slot, possibly running through my 2 year old LabView software... Any ideas
or suggestions? Thanks :)

Andris Skulte
Z28tt-89 IROC T56 DFI Twin Turbo