DAQ

Jay Wallace jwallace at nist.gov
Thu Dec 2 20:01:18 GMT 1999

From: Andris <askulte at emerald.tufts.edu>
Subject: Data Acquisition

Folks,
  I'm looking to get a few more gadgets to help me design a better intake,
and set up the fuel/timing maps on the Camaro. I would like to make a data
acquisition system that can simultaneously record 5 channels at 10 Hz. I
figure one K-Type thermocouple before each turbo, one in the intake
manifold, one before the throttlebody and one just after a turbo (and
before the intercooler). I'd like to know exhaust temps after the turbo
for my own knowledge, and would just swap thermocouple inputs for that
one...

Snip...

Andris,
You might look around for a serial or parallel port A/D. They
should have the bandwidth and resolution (10 - 12 bit) for your
application if you don't mind building a couple of amps to boost up
the thermocouple signal. One possibility is B&B electronics ($50 to
$100; www.bb-elec.com - look for ADIO12 or 232SDA12) I'm sure that
there are others, too.

Jay