Mopar injector options

David Brode dbrode at hereintown.net
Wed Dec 8 22:49:15 GMT 1999

Hello All;
 I'm going to be raising the boost on my '88 Shelby
Daytona to around 25 psi. I will need more fuel.

 If anyone cares to read about various Mopar FI hacks,
there are a few options shown at
http://pages.cthome.net/gus/fuel.html

 My system runs 33 pound per hour injectors
[apx 336 cc per hour?] at 55 psi above boost. I
can crush my regulator to raise pressure, but without
a very high pressure pump I can only add so much
fuel. I believe the injectors will only take 90 psi or so.

Instead of these options, I'm wondering if I can use
injectors that normally run at much lower pressures
that the Chrysler system and use an adjustable reg to
bring the mixture back. I'm not above fabricating a
new rail, but it would be nice if I could bolt in.
 I'm not opposed to using an adjustable gain regulator,
but I wonder if a lower pressure system would be
better.
 I'm new to FI, so if anyone cares to comment, please
put things in boob terms.
 Thanks in advance.
Dave Brode