Motronic Version for Audi V8 Engine - Model PT

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Sat Dec 11 00:43:26 GMT 1999

A friend has an engine from an Audi V8 quattro that he is installing in
another car.  It has a Motronic control box, but he was looking to find
which version of the Motronic system it has.  I may be able to get the Bosch
number on the ECU soon, but I thought I'd post to see if anyone knew based
on the engine code.  I've been able to determine that the 4.2 liter ABH
engine code uses Bosch Motronic M2.3.2, but this would be for the 3.6 liter
PT engine code installed in Audi V8 Quattros until MY 1992.

TIA!
Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)