Newbie needs sage advice.

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Sat Dec 11 01:22:05 GMT 1999

Hi !
If you want to change what you have it better be to something better?
I would like to have a system that could stage two sets of low ohm
injectors.
Peek and hold.I would like it to be sequential to get better milage, and
its better to inject once at low milsec than even shorter twice,at high rpm
you dont want to spill the time you have to inject by opening and closing
your injectors more than nessesary.(my guess..)
If this is not enough to cope with the big hp band of your engine you could

allso consider a fuel pressure gain control.

Offcourse you have to have controll of ignition as well, and software to
handle
the pecularities of turbo charging.The  possibility of using map or tps at
certain parts of the map is an advantage if you run into occilation
problems.
To be able to easy adjust the system on the run is essensial.
Allso to be able to log data as you drive.
Allso a system that can use as much of the sensors you allready have.
Nothing realy good comes cheap.....this applyes to ECUs as well ecept
if you learn to dig into OEM ECUs but they are all lacking in the arias of
extreme hp output that you are . Weber Marelli makes a good ecu for
turbo charging , used in Lancia Integrale  .Its sequential and well hacked.
Using a GM system you can join GMECM mailing list and get help from
Mr Santa Bruce and all his good helpers  at CSH HQ.
My first choice for non OEM would be  Zytec or simular.But thats just my
own oppinion........
Offcourse its not worth all the trubble.......If you use this time to just
beeing good and help someone you could make a big difference in someones
life.And it would make you feel much better than beeing
faster /more tecnical advanced than the next guy.......
The Olympic ideals is killing the human race......
But DIY EFI is allmost like heaven , help others and share what you have..
Its just a little sick, ,just doing digest mode.....
But beeing a gearhead like myself I could not have resisted to GO for
it....
Your nice Porsche deserves it!
Please keep us posted.
Espen Hilde