how does tbi work

Larry Carter ldc at tlm.tlm.org
Sat Dec 11 02:46:19 GMT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF4357.F98AC460

I presently own a 79 fiat spider that I would like to convert to tbi =
(from an 85 4 cylinder chevy cavalier). i have a 1.8 liter engine in the =
fiat, the chevy is a 2 liter engine. does this year tbi operate in open =
and closed loop mode. what sensors would i have to include, which could =
i ignore. i understand that the chevy injector works mainly off the =
distributor to know when to supply fuel, using the throttle position, =
engine temp and maf sensor to determine how much fuel to inject. am i =
out of my mind or is this a (with some work) doable project.

enjoy this forum, even if i need a ladder for some of the discussions, =
as they are over top of my head.

larry c.

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF4357.F98AC460

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I presently own a 79 fiat spider that I =
would like=20
to convert to tbi (from an 85 4 cylinder chevy cavalier). i have a 1.8 =
liter=20
engine in the fiat, the chevy is a 2 liter engine. does this year tbi =
operate in=20
open and closed loop mode. what sensors would i have to include, which =
could i=20
ignore. i understand that the chevy injector works mainly off the =
distributor to=20
know when to supply fuel, using the throttle position, engine temp and =
maf=20
sensor to determine how much fuel to inject. am i out of my mind or is =
this a=20
(with some work) doable project.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>enjoy this forum, even if i need a =
ladder for some=20
of the discussions, as they are over top of my head.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>larry c.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF4357.F98AC460--