2.2/2.5 chysler injectors and a Q

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Thu Dec 16 00:33:09 GMT 1999

Chrysler 2.2/2.5 turbo's all had approx 2.5 ohm injectors. BTW Neons had 12 ohm approx 22 lbhr. The late tbi cars had higher impedence obviously. And the earlier pre 85 tbi's had a single approx 55-60lbhr injector with a super low <1ohm resistance. It looks as though it could be used as a direct port inj. as it has a standard electrical plug, is bosch top feed style, standard height, and all other multiport looking features. I don't happen to have the p/n handy but would post it if there is interest. The only thing that would make this injector not work is that the end that fits into the intake manifold doesn't have the usual provisions for an o-ring, it seals with a large grommet on the body and a snap ring. It seems to me that you could probably rob some parts off of another injector and put a spacer and one of those nipple looking jobs on it to locate the o-ring. If anyone has a scheme to fire this thing with a low impedance driver designed to fire 2.5 ohm injectors I would like to hear from them. Could I run two of them in series instead of parallel? I don't know J/S about electronic stuff. My system is batch fire and fires them both at the same time anyway.
Thanks, dennis