Nitrous

Clint S. clintsven at sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 17 22:12:04 GMT 1999

A couple of general rules I have learned over the years about turbocharging
and nitrous .
1) Make sure the fuel pump and injectors are big enough, fuel pump is often
overlooked use a fuel pressure guage to confirm
2) O-ringing block and buying a stronger head gasket are usually strengthing
the weak links . The way I look at it they are like fuses, cheaper to blow
them than a set of pistons, rods or junk your entire motor . The oringing
trick allows a little more OOPS detonation while tuning, but when it blows
it blows big time (Others may disagree), I say avoid detonation all together
. For really high HP engines o ringing must be done
3) NOS has many advantages over turbo including instant response, major
cooling effect and combustion chamber stabilization . Get the NOS recipe
wrong and that instant response now turns your motor to instant junk . I
personally would not try to computer control NOS due to the fact that
mistakes will more than likely cost you an engine .
Use a small shot first and tune engine, get your feet wet .
4) Proper timing controll is often overlooked, it is a major key factor to
keep you engine from detonating  . TIMING IS CRITICAL

I hope I didn't turn you off NOS, it is very effective and cheap . Buy an
NOS book on the shelf and research it .

400lbft of torque at 2000 rpms is not going to happen, NOS is not to be used
at low rpms .