DIY_EFI Digest V4 #706

Jim Fitzgerald jfitz at fnal.gov
Mon Dec 20 17:18:16 GMT 1999

DIY_EFI Digest wrote:

> DIY_EFI Digest        Sunday, December 19 1999        Volume 04 : Number 706
>
> In this issue:
>
>         Re: nitrous
>
> See the end of the digest for information on subscribing to the
> DIY_EFI or DIY_EFI-Digest mailing lists.

> Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:39:58 -0500
> From: David Cooley <n5xmt at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: nitrous
>
> At 05:00 AM 12/19/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >I'd like to hear more about the $30 electronic boost controller...
> >
> >Anyinfo on it???
>
>For a non electronic adjustable version, put a needle valve or
micrometer valve in plave of the solenoid valve.  For fixed boost level
(but quickly changed) use fixed orfices.  I use the little plastic
"snubbers" That Ford used in their emission and vaccuum lines.  They
look like line splices, but they actually have precision brass orfices
inside.  They come in various sizes and are color coded.  All you need
is an asortment of these and a plastic tee. (Free at the salvage yard)
Restrictions, and  hose size, to the wastegate affects its reaction
time, so make sure this side is big enough.  Also the bleed off path
will become a vaccuum leak, so use a check valve (also Ford salvage)
before the boost control parts.
Jim F.