Horsepower verse Torque

John Dammeyer johnd at autoartisans.com
Mon Dec 20 21:16:37 GMT 1999

Hi,

Can someone post or email me the calculation to convert ft/lbs at a given RPM
into Horsepower - or the other way around.

And for the engine guru's,  if the Throttle Body used for an engine is downsized
will the Peak Torque developed by the engine increase or move to a higher RPM
with a corresponding loss of maximum Horsepower at redline?  After all,  smaller
venturis are used in carburetors for the lower RPM settings,  I thought to keep
the engine torque up by keeping the velocity of the airflow up.

Cheers,

John Dammeyer