DIY_EFI Digest V4 #715

CSH-HQ nacelp at jclnet.com
Sat Dec 25 01:30:41 GMT 1999

I quess you just want to make this difficult?.
What ecm/eng are you working on?.
How about just advanciing the timing, and using a retard function?.
How about a "new" module or kludge wo that rather than using a zero-crossing
you had a selectable crossing for trigging a comparator for tripping the oem
module?.  Looking ahead 90d is alot more difficult then retarding 10-20.
10-20 is also easier then 70.
  Remember a reluctor can advance or retard the signal as a function of rpm
for a few degrees per 1000 rpm.
Grumpy

> hi grumpy, i was thinking of some circuit in between my crankshaft
sensor(variable reluctance sensor) and the ECU. Its because the engine will
be running on natural gas for a while and the advance for the igntion has to
be around 30 degrees for operation. The stock ECU map provides maybe around
14? degrees at idle. I just need to advance the signals by 10 degrees in
order for it to run nicely. I'm not too sure whether a MSD timing box will
be cost effective as it is a school project and my budget is not all that
much. thats why i was thinking of a simple circuit to advance the signals
from the crankshaft sensor, the result will be something like moving the
sensor around.