DIY_EFI Digest V4 #717

Daniel Yap flor1 at mailcity.com
Sun Dec 26 03:30:38 GMT 1999

 to grumpy,
the engine is a Rover K-16 engine.ecu model MKC103730. i was thinking of retarding it by 350 degrees which would give a 10d advance but one cycle slower, i think so anyway. I am just looking at advancing or retarding the delay as I was hoping to keeping everything from the original engine, like the sensor, trigger, ECU unit. I guess it would be easier if i swapped ECU modules or maps. but in case i cant, i was looking at alternatives to that.
to clare
i'm not  too sure whats the output of the reluctance sensor, i assumed that it was in pulses, not a variable voltage, as there are 36 teeth with 2 missing on the wheel. I was not looking for a full ignition module, as i will be trying to keep the stock ECU. but i get the idea for your suggestion. lets say if the output is in pulses, how do i delay the signal by 350d then?
Thanks a lot
Daniel