DIY_EFI Digest V4 #719

Clare Snyder clare at snyder.on.ca
Mon Dec 27 01:13:47 GMT 1999

> From: "Daniel Yap" <flor1 at mailcity.com>
> Subject: Re: DIY_EFI Digest V4 #717
>
> to clare
> i'm not  too sure whats the output of the reluctance sensor, i assumed
that it was in pulses, not a variable voltage, as there are 36 teeth with 2
missing on the wheel. I was not looking for a full ignition module, as i
will be trying to keep the stock ECU. but i get the idea for your
suggestion. lets say if the output is in pulses, how do i delay the signal
by 350d then?
> Thanks a lot
> Daniel
> - --

350 degrees varies considerably in terms of time delay between idle and WOT.
A factor of about 10:1. I think this is too much to attempt without a micro.
Exactly what engine is your project on? A Rover K16? Not familiar with that
one.Where is the wheel, and how is it mounted? Is it on the flywheel or the
pulley end? If on the pulley end, install a stepped key to advance the
timing. If it is on the flywheel modify the flywheel by boring the flywheel
bolt holes and installing eccentric bushings. A 350 degree delay  is NOT
practical, in my opinion as a small percentage error at 350 degrees is too
critical. Tuning with a 5 or 10 degree retard is a LOT less critical, as a
50% error is still only a couple degrees.