DIY_EFI Digest V4 #717

Tom Parker parkert at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 27 03:06:17 GMT 1999

Daniel Yap <flor1 at mailcity.com> wrote:

> to grumpy,
>the engine is a Rover K-16 engine.ecu model MKC103730. i was thinking of
>retarding it by 350 degrees which would give a 10d advance but one cycle
>slower, i think so anyway. I am just looking at advancing or retarding the
>delay as I was hoping to keeping everything from the original engine, like
>the sensor, trigger, ECU unit. I guess it would be easier if i swapped ECU
>modules or maps. but in case i cant, i was looking at alternatives to that.

Can you move the trigger wheel? If you advance the trigger wheel say 20
degrees, then you can electronically retard the signal to get up to 20 degrees
advance above that which is already there.

'course this might mess up the injector timing...

Also, please don't quote the whole digest as this can crash the server and
wastes everyone's bandwidth..

Tom Parker - parkert at ihug.co.nz
           - http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8381/