Thoughts on a new list... proj101

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Mon Feb 1 20:14:53 GMT 1999

> I would probably try to add a generic understand and reversing
> manufacturers ECM code list.    Alot of the code is very similar
> between all of the different ECM's.  The code is different, but the
> functions are very very similar.    Maybe call the list gmecm? or
> something similar?

I like this "gmecm" idea too. Much of the prog101 work has already been
done for certain ECMs.  For those of us who like the idea of a single
piece of software to edit several different ECMs, an ".ecu" file (for
promedit) for each known prom shouldn't be all that difficult.

Known ECMs I've seen detailed info about recently:
1) '7148 from a Turbo Regal/GN --
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/chips/gmprom.html
2) '7749 from Syclone/Typhoon --
www.syty.org (also http://gunther.infohwy.com/~rgregory/proms.html)
3) '7747 from '90 P/U
efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/oem/gm
4) 16159278 from '93 Z28
http://www.hit.net/~rah/disassnotes.html

I'd bet that the '165 from a TPI F-Body and several of the
'vette models have been hacked too, but I can't come up with
the URLs at the moment.

-greg