SV: fuel pumps/reservoirs

Eric Aos EOA at spartek.com
Mon Feb 1 20:16:53 GMT 1999

I saw one several years ago (mid 80's). It was used on a Mechanical FI,
but IMO it should work fine here. Little John Buttera (built funny cars,
and an Indy car) did this for a street car. He used a small tank, with a
float bowl from a Holley carb mounted to the side for level control, and
ran the return line back to the original tank. I presume it was to keep
the fuel from sitting under the hood too long, and absorbing too much
heat (?). Just seems safer than 1 litter (however much that is) of fuel
under pressure that near a hot motor.