Rising rate fuel pressure regulator

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Mon Feb 1 23:18:11 GMT 1999

Daniel Houlton wrote:

> Mike Pitts wrote:
> >
> > Some of you may remember my recent post about my desire to
> > build a rising rate pressure regulator to mount in the stock location.
> > Carl Summers informed me that he already has such a device.
>

> > http://www.emi.net/~mpitts/reg.htm
> >

> Couple of questions:  How much or a rising rate do you get?  2:1,
> 3.2:1 , 5:1?  Is this amount adjustable?  How much was it?  I'm
> looking for one too and was planning on the Kenne Bell version.
> Kinda procrastinating because it's about $200.
>
> --Dan

How about a PWM controller with the Fuel pressure sensor under Love it and a
simple pic type of control that delivers say 25 psi at 0-2000 rpm and 75 psi
above 6000 rpm and a straight line  between the two points. Need a pressure
sensor and a tach lead.... simple.. replace the regulator with a small jet,
a-la mechanical fuel injection. Someone come up with the circuit and I'll
prototype it.

Regards   Tom