VIRUS alert....

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Wed Feb 3 16:39:53 GMT 1999

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Barry Tisdale wrote:

> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 10:31:03 -0500
> From: Barry Tisdale <btisdale at cybersol.com>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: VIRUS alert....
>
> There's a virus (worm, actually), that attaches itself to your outgoing email w/o your knowing about it.  I got it & may have passed it to this group, or individual members.  Goes by the name HAPPY99.EXE - please check your drive - if you find it, do NOT run it, delete it.
>
> If there IS a problem w/ it, contact me for the fix.
>
> Sorry about that - Barry

do you have any other details? ( I'm not worried at work but, home mail
is win.95) This sounds strang but if anyone catches this bug could you
send it to me ( as a programming virii are interesting ) I have a zoo
full of them 8-)

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8