fusible link questions

KD6JDJ at aol.com KD6JDJ at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 01:44:41 GMT 1999

The fusable link is intended to protect the wiring harness from frying -
through out the vehicle. It is the weakest link in the wiring 'chain'. They
normally have a high temperature insulation that also protects any adjacent
wires from being burned.

It is not clear to me why you would need to put a fusible link in the wire
that runs from the alternator + to the battery +. You sure dont want to
"unload the alternator" while it is charging. And I asume that there are no
other wires in series with that charging wire.

I'd be glad to discuss this with you further , if needed.

    Jerry   (some experience with charging systems)