any one played with MR2 superchargers?

Robert Scott Winnicki bobw at WPI.EDU
Thu Feb 4 02:03:25 GMT 1999

subject says it all....

specifically, anyone ever taken one of these off the MR@ and used it
somewhere else, like say a rotory.  From what I've read about them they
aren't to big, and have a very nice blowoff valve/SC bypass system built
in. Plus they have the electronic cultch built in the pully.  Any experts
on these guys?  my idea is to try to use one to spool up the turbo on a
RX7, try to give it a little more low end.  I have the SC it self (but
none of the hoese and manifoilds from the MR2, plus I think my SC is in
need of a rebuild.  (It was a gift)

any way... I'd like to talk to some one how knows them befor I go out and
try to find a another one with all the hoeses still there.  (plus from
what I've heard they are hard to find.)

bob