808 Request

Jon Fedock Galadar at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 4 02:59:17 GMT 1999

Hello All,
    I have a request, hopefully someone here can help me out. I have 2
vehicles that I have transplanted TPI into. One is a 305/t-5 and the other
is a 350/700r. I have a bad MAF on the 305, and would like to use this as an
excuse to change over to a MAP style setup to eliminate some of my plumbing
nightmare. Since I am using the 165 ECM, I am thinking of using a 808
calibration (ASBX ?). As I understand it, ASBX was for a 5.0L motor, so it
should be pretty close? I can hadle the wiring differences. But not the
Eprom. This is where it gets tricky. I don't have (or have access to) an
EPROM burner. Would anyone on the list be willing to burn the required chip?
I will pay for time, shipping, the chip itself, etc.
    Or, would I be better off to just go and get a 730 and a Memcal for a
comparable Camaro/Firebird (More $$$)? My plan is to eventually put MAP on
the other car also, but I know the calibration is probably too far off. One
step at a time.
Thanks for any input or correction,
Jon Fedock