any one played with MR2 superchargers?

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Thu Feb 4 03:31:07 GMT 1999

> specifically, anyone ever taken one of these off the MR@ and used it
> somewhere else, like say a rotory.  From what I've read about them they
> aren't to big, and have a very nice blowoff valve/SC bypass system built
> in. Plus they have the electronic cultch built in the pully.  Any experts
> on these guys?  my idea is to try to use one to spool up the turbo on a
> RX7, try to give it a little more low end.  I have the SC it self (but
> none of the hoese and manifoilds from the MR2, plus I think my SC is in
> need of a rebuild.  (It was a gift)
>
> any way... I'd like to talk to some one how knows them befor I go out and
> try to find a another one with all the hoeses still there.  (plus from
> what I've heard they are hard to find.)

try asking this on the mr2 list (thnk its at mr2.com)
let me know what you find out
HKS does make a pulley for these that increases boost
they probably do not flow enough air for a rotary
you would need a charger large enough to feed a 5-6l engine to get a rotary to
respond while maintaining a reasonable speed at the blower pulley

but used chargers to fit a Mustang or GM Fbody are relatively easy to find
used

Clive