Which EFI

Al Lipper alipper at cardozo.org
Sat Feb 6 00:17:34 GMT 1999

Denis,
	First, it's certainly easier to buy a pre-made EFI system like Holley's
DFI, than to build one yourself.  However, there isn't the flexibility some
people want.  Mostly people build their own systems because they enjoy it,
and not because it provides great bennefits.  The other question you raise
is about whther to use an algorithm or look-up table.  Basically, the
answer is that for your primary fuel calculation, an equation will be too
slow to re-calculate in real time.  This is why everyone uses look-up
tables.  The other part to be away of is that each engine would require a
different equation, which would potentially be derived from actual tests of
the engine (data which could be used in a look-up table).  Good luck.

			Al