fusible link questions

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Sun Feb 7 00:51:33 GMT 1999

I have worked on a few of the 2 alternator Fords (1977era) . The shop manual
shows one alternator for the moon roof and windshield de-icer. And one
alternator for the 12 volt systems. The one alternator is indeed 110 volts
but at 400 cycles 3 phase AC. It looks like all they did is leave off the
diodes and full field the rotor. The people I talked to said they seldom
failed. The windshield had 3 heating elements wired in a star configuration
and the moon roof was a 3 phase motor star wound. To close  the moon roof 2
phases were
flopped just like a regular 3 phase motor.                   Don