Digital: fuel pressure gage; boost gage

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Sun Feb 7 01:20:25 GMT 1999

The Scale no doubt uses a 3 wire load cell. The load cell consist of 2
resistors in a balanced bridge configuration. When a force
is placed on the load cell the resistance changes and unbalances the bridge
creating an offset voltage that is scaled to read
pounds. I tried to reverse engineer the scale I had but didn't have to much
luck. It was a LCD display type and hard to trace out.
If you find a transducer with 0-5 volts or 4-20 Ma a panel voltmeter with
the correct scaling resistors would be all you would need.
If the transducer you find is a 4 wire bridge then you will need an
instrumentation amp and a panel meter. The fact that you are wanting to
measure Gasoline pressure will make vendors very nervous. Autometer has an
isolated system that uses a rubber
diaphragm to isolate the gas liquid. A gauge on the other side of the
diaphragm is responding to air pressure. So I would see
how much the isolator is and  find a pressure transducer and a volt meter.

Don